Registration and applications are now being accepted for the ninth Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition (AMIC). The competition will be held on November 13th, 2018 at the Lexus Velodrome in Detroit. All companies must register to compete.
A total of $1 million in cash and prizes are awarded to finalists at this competition. Last year, Orbion Space Technology won the $500,000 grand prize.
Accelerate Michigan is a global business competition designed to highlight Michigan as a vibrant venue for innovation and business opportunity, showcasing the best and brightest new ventures to potential investors to help foster their growth in Michigan. A program of ID Ventures, the competition supports Michigan’s entrepreneurial ecosystem by offering entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase their companies to investors while building connections with entrepreneurs, business acceleration resources, and experts in their sector during carefully curated individual meetings.
Dates to remember:
- Company Registration: August 15, 2018
- Company Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Company Semi-Finalists Announced: Early October
- Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition: November 13
Competition Eligibility Criteria:
- Your company has competed in Accelerate Michigan no more than once before
- Your company has not received more than $25,000 in awards from Accelerate Michigan
- Your company has raised <$2 million in capital investment
- Your company has <$5 million in annual revenue
- Your company has the potential to achieve >$10 million in revenue within 5 years
- Your company is a scale-able, technology-based business that is beyond proof of concept
Read more from Martin Dober’s guest post on the Michigan Capital Venture Association site here.
Learn more about the competition at www.acceleratemichigan.org