Session topics include:
So What? What’s your idea? What’s the problem? Where does your idea fit?
Who Cares? Who’s your customer? What’s your path to market? Where’s the money?
Why You? What’s your competitive edge? Can you execute? What’s your value proposition?
You’ll get access to experienced business experts (legal, intellectual property, marketing, research, financial) and the guidance of SmartStart Program Director Jason Mack. He provides entrepreneurial coaching to help you develop a business value proposition for your technology ideas. His experience in startup development provides the resources you need to launch your product into the marketplace. Outcomes include:
- A full understanding of all components of your business – not just your idea
- Understand how to captivate a market and identify target customers
- Knowledge to build a team
- Calculate funding needed and understand ways to access it
- Protect the idea through trademarks, copyrights and patents
- Present ideas to investors for feedback
- When necessary, the ability to create a business plan
Anyone with an idea or existing business is welcome to apply. Our mentoring and coaching program welcomes community members, students, researchers, and local business people who are passionate about their ideas. Ideas/businesses do not have to be technology related.
Cost for the program:
$100 for students
$500 for non-students
Our coaches are certified in the Wendy Kennedy pre-incubation program and provide step-by-step guidance to help you clearly articulate how your technology idea will fill an unmet marketplace need. Coaching materials include:
- Wendy Kennedy’s, “So What? Who Cares? Why You?” manual
- Business Model Generation
- Start-Up Owners Manual
- A Step-by-Step Guide for Building a Great Company